I've been a wanderer all my life, taking things as they come, and staring at them as they go. I believe I was lucky to have managed this far. Providence has ensured that I survive this path to this day, and littered along the road numerous people and opportunities that have lent me helping hands during trying times, and led me here. I haven't always thanked Providence though. I have tried to fight for things I thought I loved but which were denied to me. From each failure it became evident that there is no point fighting against life. There is only one choice and I have to choose it well: the choice to accept.
I see now that no matter how trying times are or how difficult things may seem to be, there is always a grand plan in the making, a grand plan that escapes our eyes while we remain absorbed in the trivialities of life and the heart wrenching moments they bring. There are abysses of depths beyond imagination; there are mountains of insurmountable heights. Yet, there are also paths Providence have laid for us, if we could only will ourselves to believe, to see, and to walk the talk. Have faith, someone told me a long time ago. I had to my dismay, disregarded it then. Now I thank the person who had planted the seed of faith in my heart, and I see the beautiful picture he had painted for me. Faith is an inherent power no one can lose. It will always be there waiting, lurking out of sight, until you choose to accept its existence.
I'm a quarter of a century old, yet I feel much time has passed since I have truly lived and remembered myself. The internal fog seems to be clearing, yet knowing me, I'm sure it will be back someday. I seek the will to choose peace in my heart, the wisdom to smile through my troubles, and the courage to embrace my fears. These shall be my new year resolutions for the years to come, for as long as I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment