I love jogging. I love breathing and tasting the air with the breeze in my face, the warmth on my skin, and sweat treading down towards gravity. The mind empties, and the most important agenda for the next few moments is to ensure that those healthy lungs get filled with enough air, sweet smelling air. All I can constantly hear are my footsteps, mingled with the footsteps of the occasional fellow runner coming towards or from behind me. Then there's the faraway laughter from kite flyers, the whooshing sound made by remote control airplanes cutting through the air, and the gentle rustling sound of feet rushing through the grass. The world is at peace with me, and I am at peace with it.
Imagine the body's euphoria as endorphins get secreted into the bloodstream, creating a natural high no amount of chocolates could ever bring. In fact, it's not just the act of jogging itself bringing these surge of good emotions. It's almost as if I'm soaking in the very essence of the place as I run, combining my joy with those of other fellow evening self-entertainers. I feel alive, and everyone around me knows it because they feel it too. It's been almost a year since I've run. I injured my knee more than 1.5 years ago in a step aerobics class I joined out of whim and ever since then, I have had the runner's knee syndrome. Yesterday I found out that warm ups and knee guards are the key to me running again. Knee guards are my good friends now. Cheers to knee protection!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:)glad to know that you are starting to run again, because it's something you enjoy and will help you feel better about life and things in general. :)
ReplyDelete