It was raining just now, a slight drizzle, to be exact. Gloomy skies, clouds rolling in from afar, it feels like the weather forecast of my life. So, is it back to rainy season and unpredictable weather for me? I went to work. Saw a colleague and we had our normal day to day background conversation. Hello. Hello. You are alone here? Not alone now that you've reached. Ha Ha. Ha Ha. He did his stuff. I did mine. Nothing significant done; just average monotony. I messaged someone online. No reply. Left work. Took the lift down and signed my exit. The security guard looked bored but I didn't say goodbye.
I stepped out of the building and beheld the change in the skies. The sun is shining its rays on everything in sight. I walked, and took the more scenic route out of my office area. Something came to mind. I remembered what someone once told me in gleeful tones, something about how the sun will always shine when he is around. Instinctively, I looked around. I saw no familar smile.
I took the train back and went into the mall aimlessly. There were people everywhere. I walked past a shop that sells rings, past the shop that my cousin used to work in, past a shop selling shoes. I walked behind a couple holding hands. It didn't feel good. I didn't know what to do. So I took a bus to the shops near my house, bought some junk food, and went home.
I switched on the computer. A message blinked at me from the screen. I gasped. I smiled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment